Prepping the Piano for the Tuner - slightly OT

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 00:24:27 -0600

>...do you have a short tuning hammer for
>the high treble? Or can you tune left-handed? ;-)
>Avery

Avery, List,

Definitely another consideration for someone who isn't prepared.  I do have
a short tuning hammer, and if "absolutely" necessary, left-handed can be
done.

However, my weapon of choice is a 6 1/2" tuning lever head & tip I put on
for situations where space is at a premium.  Have dealt with this for years
at the university I service, as well as a few other choice locations.
Clears all grand rims to date.

Cheers,

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician