The Examiner has no Clothes!

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@mediaone.net
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 20:33:47 -0800

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Webwraith59@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, November 30, 2001 5:07 PM
  Subject: The Examiner has no Clothes!

  The examiners in my old chapter would probably rather pierce their =
eardrums than show the rebuilding workmanship or behavior this person =
has.  I'm posting this anonymously to protect his/her identity.  I'm =
planning to send him/her a copy of the responses.  I'm also interested =
to know whether you think I'm out of line, here.=20

  Questions:=20

  1)   How many turns should there be in a tuning pin coil in the tenor =
section of=20
  an S&S "B?"=20
  2)   Should the tail of a string pass over one duplex scale bar, or =
between two?=20
  3)   Should a single string hitchpin loop contact/cross a duplex bar?=20
  4)   Should the wires be parallel as they leave the hitchpin?=20
  5)   Should stringing braid be installed in an S&S "B?"=20
  6)   Should a reshaped hammer resemble a(n):=20
  a) egg shape=20
  b) rounded diamond shape=20
  c) rounded hatchet shape=20
  7)   Should new damper felts (regulated) effectively dampen?=20
  8)   If you were rebuilding an S&S "B" and a pedal was wobbly, would =
you pop out the pedal assembly and tighten the screws while you were at =
it?=20
  9)   If you were a PTG examiner, would you use your rank to try and =
intimidate someone who disagreed with one aspect of your work?=20
  10)  Rebuilders:  Does a technician have to chose to do bellywork in =
order for you to consider his/her opinion?=20

  Actually, only rebuilders need respond, as he/she made clear that =
those were the only people he/she would respect in any way.=20

  Webwraith=20

  PS These aren't all the problems I encountered.=20
     =20
          I Don't get it. What's this all about?   Tom Driscoll