Where is the tenor?

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 25 Aug 2001 12:04:29 EDT

In a message dated 8/24/01 7:29:51 PM Central Daylight Time,
cedel@supernet.com writes:

> The next section to the next break is all called the tenor,
> while the upper section is called the treble.
>
> Is this correct?  If so, where does the tenor stop and the treble start
> on a vertical piano that has only one action bracket between the far
> left and the far right?  I've been in this business long enough that I
> really should know this by now, I know.  (sheepish grin)
>
> Clyde

Just like the voice range, there is no definitive note that is the upper
range of the
tenor. Some even call the entire section to the right of the break the
treble, and refer to it as lower treble, middle treble and upper treble. Even
the bass section can be broken down into low bass, middle bass and upper
bass/low tenor.

Wim