S&S tuning pins...

antares antares@EURONET.NL
Sat, 25 Aug 2001 12:12:45 +0200

No, they also changed the hammer felt, the scale the wood for the bridges
and the plate design.
It became a completely different instrument.

But the bushings were the last change.

Recently I tuned two fairly young CFIIIS grands at the North Sea Jazz
Festival. One was a CFIIIS (handmade) without bushings, the other one a
CFIIIS with bushings.
Again, the tone is basically different i.e. the one without bushings has a
more 'open' tone, richer so to speak.
The other one was nicely 'thick' but without the elegance of the other.

I gave them both a complete regulation/tuning/voicing so they were both
treated by the same hand. Just so you know.

friendly greetings
from

Antares,

Amsterdam, Holland