Knots to you

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 21:39:49 -0500

> Another thought...If you are tuning an older piano, and you break a few
> strings, it is time to sell the customer a restringing job if the piano is
> worthy of it. More than likely, the tuning pins will be on the loose side
> also.
>
> Roy Czekay,

Good idea Roy. Of course the pinblock should be replaced too, especially if
those broken strings are in a grand. Then, of course, you'd better plan on
replacing the dampers since the old ones aren't adequate for the nice new
strings. How does the bridge look, while we're here, and since this is an old
piano, the soundboard is probably suspect too. One thing's for sure though.
That action will definitely have to go. No sense in doing all this good work on
top of an old worn out action.

Mrs Jones, we have a few broken strings with the pitch raise. Looks like it's
going to need a little extra work - Somewhere between $100 and $20,000 worth,
I'd say. So what's your preference?

Ron N