S&S tuning pins...let me clarify

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 16:49:15 -0500

Terry,

<<Since S&S does not use bushings, and combined with the SUPER tight
pins,(at least in the 2 L's
I tuned recently), ***SOME***flexing is much more likely, even with the best
technique.>>

You might try the smooth hammer technique. That can help with really tight
pins. I have not tuned any L's recently, but have a B that flagpoles and has
tight pins. It is not bad once you can feel the slightest turning of the
pin. Then you can "untorque" the pin, and the string is generally where you
want it. The first time I tuned it, it gave me some trouble at first, but it
did not take long to feel what was going on.

John Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS
PTG Associate, Memphis Chapter

mailto:jformsma@dixie-net.com