Another question about a Schiedmayer with a strange device

Thu, 23 Aug 2001 06:09:03 -0500

Calin,
At 11:36 08/23/2001 +0300, you wrote:
>Thanks you very much for the info about the piano's age!
>
>I have another question regarding this piano: it has a strange device (round
>metal box with some wheels in it) installed under the soundboard, towards
>the left end of the keyboard.

=====> Wild Guess <=====
Could it possibly be part of a Janissary attachment?  Would it have made
thumping and/or jangling noises when activated?

1891 seems a bit late for that, though.

Conrad Hoffsommer -
I've been wrestling with reality for most of my life.
I'm pleased to say I've won.
mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu