"belly bolt" alignment creates action problem

David Renaud drjazzca@yahoo.ca
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 15:24:57 -0400 (EDT)

   New Pramburger 7", very nice....but.

   The bolt found behind the action between the
plate and belly is not centered.(what is the proper
name?) It is left allot. Enough that the top bass
hammer with una-corda pedal rubs the back nut on the
bolt. I can barely adjust so it clears/works. Received
a call back due to the note being sluggish again.
There was a once again a little contact. I adjusted
again, but there is so little tolerance, humidity is
very high right now..... its going to be a problem.

   SO....With full tension on a 7" dare I remove this
and move it. If the plate flexes a little I doubt
it will move back when just re-tightening the bolt,
or will it? Risky or not?
                           Dave Renaud, RPT
                           Canada

   And no more adjustment will help. The una-corda
is minimized, the shanks on the top 5 notes over ,
somewhat left of center, as much as I dare. I could
shave the hammer, but it is an 7" concert instrument
with the bolt mis-aligned and I dare not compound
the problem, compensating by introducing yet more
problems.

PS. It is a very nice sounding instrument.
    Young Chang has a made good progress with these
    Pramburgers.