plate reaction was Re: Pitch Raising to A440.......Or Not?

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 18:14:30 -0600

Hi Ron,

Next time I make the experiment I will tap coils and bridge pings etc. I
don't have a lot of data on this--but I  have seen a pitch change  of up to
4 cents *higher* 30 mins after a tuning. In the particular case I did stay
and worked on their computer cleaning it up and 1.5 hours post tuning the
pitch was back down to A440.

At 06:22 PM 08/18/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>>I don't think the plate moves *much* but I do think the wood may do so. If
>>you check A4 with a vtd just after a pitch correction--and then check again
>>in 5 minutes, and then again in 1/2 you will get different pitch level. The
>>pitch will not necessarily be lower.
>
>Seems to me that could just as easily, and more likely to my mind, be
>unequal segment tensions with the string slowly moving at the bearing point
>between sections.
>

>Ron N

Regards,

mailto:drose@dlcwest.com