Discussion among Peers (was: Lighten Touch)

Graeme Harvey gharvey@netsource.co.nz
Sun, 19 Aug 2001 00:15:37 -0000

Hello all,

I think the "civilians" to use Bill's description though bothersome at
times, tend not to last long on the list.
Some can be amusing, like the fellow using various forms of pasta to effect
repairs in pianos, AND he was deadly serious when one or two poked fun at
his posts. (I even looked in the pantry to get some inspiration so I could
post something back "tongue in cheek" though I never did at the time)

Overall though, in my opinion, for this list to work it seems there will
from time to time be amateurs seeking answers, and probably lots of time
wasters, but I've noticed that if the questions are too far off target
(showing either a lack of experience, or understanding) the responses soon
suggest where they are best going to learn what they need.
Either that or they don't get answered.
I notice too that some on the list provide very brief responses, others pad
it out a bit (and waffle on like me for example) but in the end, "reading
between the lines" seems to be the only way to catch the character or
personality of the list subscriber and then it's easy to see what the
various folk are like.
I can almost picture what some of you look like by reading the posts over a
couple of years now.

Though I been wrong plenty of times before...

Regards,
Graeme Harvey
New Plymouth
New Zealand