plate reaction was Re: Pitch Raising to A440.......Or Not?

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 23:07:14 EDT

In a message dated 8/16/01 5:41:21 PM Central Daylight Time,
drose@dlcwest.com writes:

> It is not the board(wood) but the plate that reacts instantly. That's why
> individually tied unisons drop *less* than looped (shared hitch pins), and
> why full perimeter metal plate pianos drop less than other designs.

Don

This is something new to me. Are you saying the plate reacts to a pitch raise
more than the soundboard? I am not sure If I agree that the drop in pitch
from an overshoot is because something happens to the plate, and not because
the soundboard decompresses. And in either case, why would individually
looped strings drop less than looped strings?

Willem