sup?

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Thu, 09 Aug 2001 16:00:34 -0500

Curiouser and curiouser. I just came in from the shop for some electrolytes
and to check my mail and discover that either pianotech or I have
(hopefully) temporarily ceased to exist. Thought I'd check the archives to
see what the last digest post was and found something interesting. The last
digest post in the archives is 6 August, and is numbered V2001.n999.
Strange. I looked up year 2000, and found the number 999 in November, with
nothing listed after that. 1999 ended with digest number 2286 on December
31, which was apparently the last of the sequential numbering from day one,
starting over at #1 on January one.

Looks like I need another reality check. My IP network information page
says that Code Red is swamping EVERYTHING, and routing servers are dropping
like flies. OK, they didn't really put it just that way, but that was the
gist. Well, that would explain the sluggish network response and the lack
of mail traffic if it's off in the limbo of some "dropped like flies"
servers, but what's the deal with the archive numbering glitch?

You know me. I'll watch the show, but I sometimes need the plot explained.

Ron N