TALL tuner help

Doepke Family doepke@fwi.com
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 13:32:53 -0500

Being a tall tuner, over 6'5", I often develop arm muscle strains when
sitting to tune a tall upright..but when I stand to change my body position
and relieve some of the discomfort, the keyboard is too far away for me to
stand tall and check tuning.  I have to stoop a little to reach the
keys..then there is back strain that develops.  My mentor has told me "If it
hurts, don't do it."  Makes sense to me!!

Has anyone else out there in cyber-tuner-world had a similar problems?

I have thought of holding a dowel in my left hand when I stand to extend my
reach to the keys and play the notes that way. ( I am right -handed )  Is
this a good idea?  Do any of you other "tree-top tuners" have a similar
problem?  How did you solve it?

Thanks,
Brian P. Doepke