Under an hour tuning (was labor rates)

Richard Brekne rbrekne@broadpark.no
Sat, 04 Aug 2001 11:07:34 +0200

BIG GRIN..

While supporting in principle your skeptisim towards all the claims of being
able to do a great tuning in less then an hour Phil,,, one simply has to be
aware of the fact that there are a few individuals who are very gifted. Some
of these can achieve amazing results in very short periods of time.

That being said I dont see any real point in emphasising the time it takes to
do a good job toooooo awfully much. Sure sometimes in concert situations you
have to work fast and effectively, and there is a certain validity factor to
the "time is money" facet... but in most (95 % ??)of our tuning situations I
think securing a fine tuning should be the first priority and what amount of
time that takes an afterthought.

I suspect more then one tech has heard these stories of "Bionic Tuners" and
been unduly influenced to push to hard for fast time. Do "the good job", and
your time will gradually reach a reasonable speed...

RB.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.