safety/idiots and sharp objects

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 22:38:15 -0500

<<Go on, everyone, tell us your mishaps. Maybe I'll feel better ...>>

Thankfully, the following is not my mishap, but was related to me by a nurse
friend of mine. It would easily qualify for the Darwin award.

A fellow that worked in a factory was told by his boss that if he felt the
need for "feminine companionship" but did not have access to such, he could
relieve his urge by using a Shop-Vac on the appropriate part of the anatomy.
One night, as he worked alone, he felt such a need.

He applied the suction, and two days later showed up at the hospital because
he could not urinate. (He was too embarrassed to come in sooner.) The nurse
said his member looked like hamburger and there was not much left. What had
happened was that the Shop-Vac had glass breaking blades in the end, and it
literally chewed up his member because the suction was too great to remove
the hose (no pun intended--the other was nearly removed)...so he was there
frantically pulling on the power cord trying to unplug it.

The hospital was able to fit the man with a prosthesis, but it is not known
if he now stands or sits to do his business.

Ouch!

Poor stupid guy.

John Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS