Heavy Playing S&S C

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 18:15:36 -0400

Hi Richard,

> >  didnt look to closly at it cus there's
> >  nothing I can do to change it anyways.

That is not entirely true.  Take a small piece of veneer and slip it behind the top
of the wippen flange.  This will increase the spread a little.  Take up and down
measurements carefully before and after.  what you want is the narrowest difference
between the U & D.  If it disimproves then you are barking up the wrong rail.

The friction is a little high, the balance weights are all over the place and the
hammer weights are high except a bit too high in the top treble.

A really good regulation will help a lot to hide the action deficits.

If you evened out the front weights a bit that should bring it into the ball park.

A sharp Forstner bit will shave down key weights in place.

Lots of luck.

		Newton