Crack fillers - old soundboards

Richard Brekne rbrekne@broadpark.no
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 23:32:11 +0200

This sounds like good advice and thinking to me Terry. I have often suspected
that inspite of the fact that such repairs cannot, according to those who are
supposed to know these things...grin, improve the sound of the pannel, it seems
to me that filling cracks with epoxy paying particular attention to soaking it
in around the areas where ribs are attached to the back has got to help stave
off further weakening of the panel to some degree. Ergo its not entirely
cosmetic... but perhaps can be viewed as a kind of...er... preventative medisin
as well.

Cant say I have ever head a buzz that I could ascertain came from a crack in a
panel... plenty from ribs pulling away, but not from a crack when all glue
joints to the panel are in order.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.