Rebuilding/Non-Profit/Funding

marty reyburn marty@reyburn.com
Sun, 29 Apr 2001 20:03:53 -0400

>>Does anyone have any experience/ideas for creating/organizing a funding
>>drive to raise $50,000-plus to pay for complete rebuilding of two pianos and
>>a few related expenses?

Hi Terry...

you might also check with larger corporations about their matching
grants/funds programs.
Another idea is to collect grocery store receipts from stores that donate a
percentage of the receipts' total to a non-profit organization (anywhere
from .25 to 2 or 3%!).  The community orchestra I play in, the local
schools, and many churches all do this and they get a LOT of money for very
little work other than circling the total and filling out a form.
Sounds like a great project.. hope they are the kind of people that are
grateful.

Marty Reyburn