Query: European piano technicians' organizations

J Patrick Draine draine@mediaone.net
Sun, 29 Apr 2001 17:37:26 -0400

Dear Andre,
I noticed your helpful replies to our Spanish colleague regarding
training opportunities, and thought I'd ask your help too. I am on
the Piano Technicians Guild's International Relations Committee, and
am searching for some information.
I am trying to compile a report on piano technicians' organizations
in the non-English speaking countries (I already have already made a
short report comparing the US, Canada, UK, and Australia-New Zealand
organizations). Unfortunately my knowledge of other countries'
languages and organizations is rather limited.
Would be you be willing to send me a brief description of Amsterdam's
piano technicians' organization? Could you describe membership
requirements (educational requirements, testing, levels of membership?
Can you provide descriptions of similar organizations in other
countries you are familiar with (Germany, France, etc.)?
Thank you for considering this request.
Yours fraternally,
Patrick Draine, Registered Piano Technician
93 Cook Street
Billerica, MA 01821-5424
draine@mediaone.net