factory apprenticeship

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 19:32:26 -0700

    "I have been to several 'famous' factories in Europe and also three =
times to
the Yamaha Pianotechnical Academy in Hamamatsu.
Yamaha is the best place in the world for learning, according to me."

Andr=E9 Oorebeek

Gott im Himmel! Andre. I'd love to go just once. Although, from what =
I've heard, it can be grueling. Those Japanese are just =
sooooooooo,,,,,,,,,,,   type A personalities, if you know what I mean.
    Or am I just leaping at the wrong conclusions, again. The reason I =
ask, is that I spoke with a tech who went there, and he said that he =
spent three hours getting the dip just tight, and they said, " dip not =
right, do over please." He spent like three days working on the =
regulation on a new grand, and then they said. "After touch not quite =
right, do over please."=20
    Sounds like boot camp to me. ( Of course, you'd just HAVE to come =
away from that a better tech.)

Kevin E. Ramsey
ramsey@extremezone.com=20