What well temprement?

Ola Andersson pianola@online.no
Sat, 28 Apr 2001 03:10:02 +0200

Bill wrote
  I found, through experimentation, that if you widen that 3rd, at first =
nearly=20
  imperceptibly, then more and more, that the whole rest of the =
temperament is=20
  affected proportionately.  I have read on this List about others who =
have=20
  made this discovery too.=20
  Bill Bremmer RPT=20
  Madison, Wisconsin=20
When I asked the Harpsichord Proffessor here in Bergen to learn me=20
Well temprements he said he had only one.!!!!!!??????????

It doesn't look like anything else I can figure out.=20
Well he don't know what it is either .=20
I like this guy because he doesn't talk about cents and ETDs (good =
balance to this list)
but he uses the temprements everyday proffessionally so he should know.
He makes Well and MT temprements like a cheif cooking food with out a =
recipie
He can put what taste he likes in it. He doesn't care if it's teoreticly =
correct=20
as long as it works (like a guitar player). I like that attitude.
I haven't tried it because I havent had time. I should have but I still =
wouldn't know what it is if I had.
I've consentrated more on Vallotti, Young and EBVT. I have to start =
somewhere.=20
=20
What Well is this????????

Here it is=20

1)
A4-pitch
A3-A4
C#4-A3       4-8bps  (here you can put your own taste to the temprement, =
my comment)
F4-A4        4-8 bps (here you can put your own taste to the temprement, =
my comment)
A#3-F4        pure 4th
A#3-A#4
G#4-C#4     pure 5th
D#4           "between  A#4 and G#4"

2)
C4-F4  2-3bps (don't touch F4!)
G4-C4  2-3bps
D4-G4  2-3bps
A4-D4  2-3bps  (don't touch A4)

3)
E4-A4     2-3bps  (don't touch A4)
B3-E4     2-3bps
F#4-B3   2-3 bps
C#4-F#4  2-3bps  (don't touch C#4)

I was explained that if I tune A3-C#4 and F4-A4 fast I get something =
closer to ET
and the opposite if you slow them down. I can also tune one of this two =
thirds slow and the other fast as I please

Anybody seen this temprement or know what it can be?
=20
Ola Andersson