Associate to associate

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 09:32:18 EDT

In a message dated 4/25/01 6:28:02 PM Central Daylight Time,
gnewell@ameritech.net writes:

> Willem and list,
>     In my view you did not support the "inspiring confidence" question at
> all. I presume that we are talking about confidence from the outside world

No, I didn't say anything about "inspiring confidence" in the eyes of the
outside world. That is because in my view, becoming an RPT is not for the
consuming public. In my opinion, becoming an RPT is for each individuals own
gratification. I have told many Associates that for the most part, the public
doesn't give a hoot whether you're an RPT or not. All the public wants is a
tuned piano, and they don't care about initials. Quite honestly, I feel the
same way about my doctor, my lawyer or my car mechanic. As long I get what I
want, and I the professional does his/her job, I am satisfied. (I presume the
doctor and lawyer, and even the car mechanic,  went to school, because that
is where they learned how to be a doctor or lawyer, or mechanic. But the
education didn't end there. It only started there.

The reason I am proud I am an RPT is because I passed an exam that my peers
have deemed to be a minimum standard to earn the title RPT. Achieving that
title is something I did for my self. (I need to state here that I have had a
few calls from customers because of my RPT status, but only because they were
educated by another RPT in another part of the country to look for someone
who is an RPT).

As I have stated, the process of taking the exam makes one a better person.
It gives a person a certain sense of "a job well done." It's like the praise
you get from a customer who is very happy with the tuning, or regulating, or
rebuilding you did.  The money is nice, and pays the bills. But the thanks
and the pat on the back is much more rewarding.

I'll say it again. Until you have taking, and passed the exams, you won't
know what I am talking about. Try it, you'll like it.

Willem