Associate to associate..my take

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 14:17:51 -0700

>The Piano Technician's Guild is not a regulatory agency, but it does have a
>code of ethics.<

You're quite right; it in NOT a regulatory agency. As for ethics, I have my
own, and take the utmost pride in them. Just as i do not belong to a church
or other religious institution, does not mean that i do not hold my own
belief system, which is just as valid as yours or anyone elses. I consider
myself an artist and love what i do, and i am constantly striving to better
myself in ALL aspects of life. If i ever feel the need to have a sheepskin
that tells me I am this or that, then i will pursue that avenue. Just
because you have a "Black belt" in martial arts, doesn't mean you won't
still get your but kicked in the real world. If you want to be an RPT,
that's great, but I certainly feel that there are MANY non RPT's, and those
not even associated with the PTG who are great at their craft, and love what
they do, and the bottom line to the customer is the result, plain and
simple.
And i read something else in a past Journal issue that struck a chord with
me too. Something about if your an RPT, but a real jerk, you surely won't go
far, but if your cordial, helpful, do a terrific job and please your
customers, whether your an RPT, associate or neither, you will go a long way
and make a wonderful living.

Terry Peterson
Precision Piano Service
Torrance, CA