Pre-Purchase Inspection Liability

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 13:31:37 EDT

In a message dated 4/25/01 6:51:08 AM Central Daylight Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

> It seems to me that a written report would be required to minimize such
> situations from arising. I hate written reports. I would have to up my
> inspection fee. How do you'all address this potential danger?
>
> Terry Farrell
> Piano Tuning & Service

Terry

On the bottom of my appraisal form I have the following written. I got this
from Bob Russell Jr.

"I estimate the value as listed for insurance or other purposes at the
current replacement value, excluding Federal and other taxes.  In making this
appraisal, the Appraiser assumes no liability with respect to any action that
may be taken on the basis of this appraisal."

It doesn't take you totally off the hook, in that you still have to do a good
job of appraising and evaluating the piano. But it does give you some
protection.

I hope this helps.

Willem