Soundboard Springs. Long.

Yardarm103669107@AOL.COM Yardarm103669107@AOL.COM
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 12:29:24 EDT

In a message dated 4/25/2001 12:46:51 AM Central Daylight Time,
pianobuilders@olynet.com writes:

<< For some reason, there has long been a reluctance in this industry to try
 new things. It's like the instrument is sacred and mere mortals shouldn't
 fuss with it. >>

Del:
You know, and I know, that it's pure lazy-mindedness and inertia, plus
factory resistance to the expense of retooling or changing the production
line. From the individual point of view, I suspect that another more
personalized economy is at work that resists change. WHAT I KNOW I KNOW, AND
I DON'T NEED (WANT) TO KNOW ANYMORE THAT MIGHT TAKE TIME, EFFORT, AND A
CHANGE IN MINDSET. I don't think it's isolated to our industry either, but
it's the one we're in, so it's the one we see more clearly; sometimes I think
that association by itself breeds inertia. One only tries. Thanks for the
reply.
PR-J