brass rail

MEL pulsifer@drtel.net
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 09:53:39 -0500

OOA 17:14 -060004/24/01 Joe & Penny Goss wrote:
>It looks as though one needs to remove the hammer spring rail and
>take out the dampers and hammers in a section then the dampers will
>be able to move forward enough to  get a screw driver on the screw.

A screwdriver with appx. 1/8" blade and 6 to 8" shank will allow you
to loosen the screw without removing anything else. The small brass
plate to witch the spring is attached also retains the damper lever
center pin in place.  As I recall, about 2 - 3 turns of the screw
will allow the center pin to clear the clamp and you can remove the
damper lever. Now it's easy to replace the damper spring. Start the
little screw, 1.5 to 2 turns is enough. The clamp should be loose
enough to allow the damper lever center pin to be inserted into the
grove then re-tighten the screw.

I just got some of these damper springs from APSCO so they are available.

Does anyone have extra, know a source for, some Kimball damper levers
to go with my new springs? I need 6 of them.

CWO4 Melvin A. Pulsifer USCG (Ret)
pulsifer@drtel.net

Mel's Piano Service
P.O. Box 391