New Essex from S&S

Glenn Grafton glenn@graftonpiano.com
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 08:16:08 -0400

>Just tuned a new Essex vertical. It's a lower priced Steinway design
>upright. Actually very well scaled and a pleasure to tune, as
>opposed to the notorious Steinway uprights!

That's a rather sad comment for Steinway uprights considering that
the Essex is really a Young Chang vertical made in S. Korea.

I imagine though that a lot of people will be intrigued with the
appeal of getting a piano sold by Steinway in a realistic price
range...sort of reminds me of the parable of the King in the parade
with no clothes on, the little boy called it as he saw it.

Glenn Grafton
Grafton Piano & Organ Co.
http://www.graftonpiano.com
County Line Rd Souderton  PA 18964