tunelab vs RCT (and others)

Glenn Grafton glenn@graftonpiano.com
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 16:02:04 -0400

>Glenn Grafton writes (about PocketPC handheld computers)
>>It's a negative when you consider that along with that you get lock
>>ups and some of the other inherent problems with a Windows based
>>product. The Palms NEVER crash.
>>
>Hi Glenn,
>That's not my experience.  Have you run a PocketPC for any length
>of time? I used a Palm for over a year, and a PocketPC for 8 months
>now. The PalmOS handheld crashed a number of times with several
>different shareware programs.
>
>On the other hand, my PocketPC has *never* crashed. PocketPC is built
>on a subset of Windows NT, it is VERY stable. It is a modern OS with
>real protected memory and premptive multitasking. You can't compare it
>to Windows 95/98/ME for stabiltiy.

My experience is limited to the Palm. I'm an earlier user-the first
being with the first Palm Pilot. My point about PocketPC's crashing
and shorter battery life was from several articles I've read. My Palm
IIIC has never crashed since I got it over a year ago.

It's good that RCT for the Pocket PC can be installed from a Mac, and
can trade tuning files with RCT/Mac. Of course the big difference is
that with a Palm, everything else can be synced, whereas you'd have
to go through a cludge to sync with a Mac.

Al that said, I think it's a great idea to port RCT to the PocketPC!
--
Glenn Grafton
Grafton Piano & Organ Co.

The box said "Requires Windows 95, or better." So I bought a Macintosh.