Glues/Bridges, etc.

Carl Meyer cmpiano@home.com
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 10:17:22 -0700

I second the motion about pvc-e.  I've used it for lots of key top jobs.

I rotary plane the key tops, cut off the front with a jig I built for my
table saw and use pvc-e.

I like to thin the glue with just a few drops of water to a brushing
consistency.  Apply with a 3/4-1 inch artists brush and immediately apply
the key top.  It is very aggressive and I think those that have had trouble
with it have allowed it to dry slightly.  I wouldn't let the open time be
more than a few seconds.  I do them one at a time.  Keep a wet towel to
clean you hands.  Smooth them down with your fingers held over the key to
center the key top.  You can trim the tops in an hour or so and use alcohol
to clean up.

Amazing stuff!  It is white like milk, thins with water, dries almost clear
and flexible.  Yet is absolutely waterproof.  I once put a large drop on a
piece of metal, allowed it to completely dry, peeled it off and boiled it in
water and nothing happened to it.

I like it!  Can't you tell?

Carl Meyer