tunelab vs RCT (and others)

Dean L. Reyburn, RPT dean@reyburn.com
Mon, 23 Apr 01 11:45:49 -0400

Glenn Grafton writes (about PocketPC handheld computers)
>It's a negative when you consider that along with that you get lock
>ups and some of the other inherent problems with a Windows based
>product. The Palms NEVER crash.

Hi Glenn,
That's not my experience.  Have you run a PocketPC for any length
of time? I used a Palm for over a year, and a PocketPC for 8 months
now. The PalmOS handheld crashed a number of times with several
different shareware programs.

On the other hand, my PocketPC has *never* crashed. PocketPC is built
on a subset of Windows NT, it is VERY stable. It is a modern OS with
real protected memory and premptive multitasking. You can't compare it
to Windows 95/98/ME for stabiltiy.

Don't get me wrong, I have lots of respect for the PalmOS handhelds,
they are generally stable. Both PocketPC and PalmOS derive stablity from
having the OS in ROM and not having a hard drive. But PalmOS lacks
protected memory, so when one app goes down it can take the whole
PalmOS system with it.

BTW, since you're a Mac user; Pocket RCT will installable from a
Macintosh computer, and can trade tuning files with RCT/Mac. We continue
to support both Windows and Mac platforms.

-Dean Reyburn

 Dean L. Reyburn, RPT      RPS, Inc.          email:  dean@reyburn.com
 2695 Indian Lakes Road                      web page: www.reyburn.com
 Cedar Springs, Michigan, 49319 USA
 1-888-SOFT-440 (or 616-696-1002)                    Fax: 616-696-8121