Limwood

Richard Brekne rbrekne@broadpark.no
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 17:08:16 +0200

Farrell wrote:

> Limewood is the tree on which the limes for Key Lime Pie are grown.

Er.... I knew that :)

> The wood is often cut down to little sticks about eight inches long to stir
> your
> margarita.

Er.. I didnt know that :)

> BTW, tell us why you ask about Limewood. You must know something of it!  ;-)

Well...you see last nite I cooked a goose for dinner. Nice apple and apricot
stuffing, Baby cabage, english roasted potatoes, a nice spanish wine, lemon /
lime pie.. num num you see... had guests over you understand.... and we got on
through the evening enjoying ourselves and conversation about this and that...
the usual kind of things... and I mentioned as we started to serve the pie that
I had decided to use a lime in my scratch lemon merangue pie. One of the guests
then remarked that they had just bought and installed a new kitchen. Very
expensive..plush... latest thing ...etc. The relavance her is that the wood used
for the kitchen was limewood. I had never heard of a limewood kitchen and asked
of course whether or not they had chosen green for the color of their kitchen
walls then... silly of me really... but I wander.... in anycase one thing led to
another and he started telling us about how good a wood limewood is for
cabinetry... really strong...takes a beating... looks great. Havening never
heard of limewood being used for any such thing I just thought I might ask you
guys who know all about different woods what its properties were.

A little off topic I suppose... but perhaps there is a use for limewood in
pianos somewhere ?...