Plate Lettering

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 21:16:18 -0500

Hi Terry,
             I use a chisle tipped, felt tip maker to do the raised cast
letters, makes the job look like a professional sign writing job.
Leave over night and clear coat.
To practice, use some wet and dry and clean of the old paint before you
spray the plate, use a spay bomb to just sray the capo area.
Practice to your hearts content.
I have seen it done with a small block of hammer tail felt, a small amount
of enamel paint in a paint can lid, and the paint is dabbed on to the
raised areas.
Either way you need to practice.
Regards Roger