Tuning Stamina

antares antares@EURONET.NL
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 18:26:58 +0200

> From: Newton Hunt <nhunt@optonline.net>
> Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 18:40:37 -0400
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: Tuning Stamina
>
>> ...I have tuned so many pianos....sigh....
>> and I still do not give up....!
>
> And he is still trying to do what he could when he was 30 years younger.
>
> Do you think you will ever make it, André?

Nah... I'll probably live up to 70 or something.... then die of tiredness or
too many chocolates.

> Learn to drop your shoulders

I try ± 50 000 times a day.

>, use ear plugs to reduce ear fatigue and
> occasionally
> use a 125mm stick with hammer felt glued to the ends to pound on the strings.
> less
> hand and shoulder stress.

That's a very good one! could you give me a more specific description or a
scan (photo) drawing of your handmade pounding tool? My hands hurt indeed.

> Practice, practice and more practice.
>
> We all did piano shaped objects (PSOs) in our youth, every one does, and has
> to, so
> stop complaining and hurry up and get old.

I wanna get old man! because I have this dream....
I phantasize and dream of Hawaii or Florida... I am sitting outside in a
comfortable folding chair enjoying the very early sun rays and my feet are
bare and my toes are wriggling in fine warm very white coral sand.
Next to me is a table. On the table is a cuban espresso, a cool bottle of
Perrier, and a fresh croissant, and in my hands I hold the Herald Tribune.
Occasionally I glance up from my paper, because a most gorgeous young thing
walks by, and I smile at her, while my old woman chirps from inside, just to
let me know that she knows what's going on......

> I am 61, tuning pianos for 35 years and getting slower, and slower, and slower

 Poor thing (;

> Newton Hunt
> New Jersey, USA

André Oorebeek