Fw: just what is 7/32"?

Allan L. Gilreath, RPT agilreath@mindspring.com
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 09:28:30 -0400

Brother Jim,

I looked it up for you in the "Millwright's and Mechanics Guide."

"Multiple Thread - A screw thread that is formed of two or more single
threads.  A double thread has two separate or single threads starting
diametrically opposite or at points 180 degrees apart.  A triple thread has
three single threads starting at points 120 degrees apart.  A quadruple
thread has four single threads starting at points 90 degrees apart.  A
multiple thread is used to increase the lead of a screw."  (p 355)

Clear as mud, right? <grin>

Allan
Allan L. Gilreath, RPT
Assistant Director - TEAM2001
July 11-15, 2001 - Reno, NV
agilreath@mindspring.com
http://www.ptg.org/conv.htm
Director: Laura Olsen, RPT
Assistant Directors: Allan Gilreath, RPT - Gary Neie, RPT - Dale Probst, RPT

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2001 6:46 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Fw: just what is 7/32"?

<<Hi Jim

 Describe what is meant by Helix thread ,Please.

   Dale>>

Dale;
 Double "helix" might not be the correct term that's why I put "?" after
 each use. :-)
It is where a double set of threads are cut in a cylinder, or said another
way where there are duplicate, parallel, sets of threads running on the same
cylinder.
Jim Bryant (FL)