hardware plating

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 07:51:28 -0400

> Would it not be only if the customer were colluding by knowing that the
> "perp" was violating the law and accepting it as business as usual?

At least if the environmental matter is being handled under RCRA law, No. In
their pursuit of those with deep pockets (or anything in their shallow
pockets), Federal regulations allow pursuit of anyone that supported the
offending business in most any way - such as contributing to their
generation of wastes (whether they were aware of disposal practices or not).
This often even extends to a financial entity such as a bank that lends
money to support the offending business. The bank can be held financially
liable for environmental damage done by the offending business because they
lent money that allowed the offender to do what it did. It's pretty wild and
scary. I'm glad I be messin' with pianos these days!

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com