Machinists

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 11:51:29 -0400

Are there any machinists out there that could do a little job for me?

If you remember I posed the question about means to remove a broken screw in an old
S&S M damper top flange.  My solution did not work so I want to have made a
connector, a joiner, a coupler.

About 1/2" long tube with an ID of .80" OD .16+" with a screw at each end to hold the
wire in parallel.

The idea is to cut the grand damper wire and use the coupler to shorten or lengthen
the timing of the damper as needed.

THe screw would need to be a #4, 3, or 2 and the tube needs to be thick walled enough
to hold the screws without stripping out.  Material could be aluminum or brass or
whatever is lying around.

Someone suggested using small diameter heat shrink tubing.  Not a bad idea but it is
not especially adjustable unless it is cut off and then a new piece added.

I need three of these things.

I am not a machinist nor do I have the quipment to do such a project.

		Newton Hunt
		mailto:nhunt@optonline.net