Mousies on the loose!

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 00:22:34 -0500

Went in to brush the inside of my alleged face for bed, and took the
opportunity to do a little rodent watching, since they're living in a
terrarium in the bathroom. They're big enough to be taken out and released
about any time now, and it shows in their casual lack of timidity. They
have also, apparently, become escape artists since the last time I looked
in earlier today. Watching them scurry around in the tank, it occurred to
me that what I first took for mousie reflections which would have put them
in impossible positions in the tank, were actually mousie refractions which
put them in quite possible and obvious positions on the counter outside the
tank - an interesting shift in perspective.  We had a pretty lively family
bonding episode chasing spring loaded bionic mousies around the bathroom
and up the window screen to the ceiling before we got them all rounded up
and re-ensconced in the tank. Mac Sennett would have been proud, and they
all made it back unharmed. When my wayward son gets back from the off-road
pilgrimage in Utah later this week, we'll take the little gray/brown
dynamos for a committee action ride to the wilderness and set them loose on
the world. It's time.

Neat little critters, when they ain't eating up your stuff.

Ron N