Shoe Pegs (was Re: string seating - was bridge caps)

Mark Story mark.story@mail.ewu.edu
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 15:45:00 -0700

In the "small world" department: the family of a close friend of mine owns
the country's only mill in New Hampshire that makes shoe pegs. They've kept
me in good supply. They also sell the pegs as a polishing media in
mass-finishing machines. Be sure and examine the pegs before you leave with
them. Sometimes the pegs are forked at the end rather than pointed. Be sure
you get enough pointed ones to do your job. I've had to sort out as many as
1/3 as rejects at times.

Mark Story. RPT
Eastern Washington University
Cheney, Washington