Using the agraffe cutter

Carl Meyer cmpiano@home.com
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 19:08:50 -0700

Thank you Roger for your post.  I hadn't considered having them plated.

Here's why:

Here, I can spend more than 8 dollars for a decent lunch.

I haven't checked, but I think a plating shop here would have a minimum
charge of at least 50 dollars.

A spray can of brass paint will do a dozen or more rods.

I won't have to wait till its done.  I could just use my can and in 5
minutes be done.

I don't remember the price but I've bought brass brazing rod at a welding
supply house in the past.
I think a 3/8 rod was less that 10 dollars.

I have acrylic lacquer in gold from a company in Nevada that is great.  It
is a rust proofing paint that goes on well.  I once sprayed a rusty piece of
steel and hung it on my fence for a year and nothing happened to it.  It
comes in spray cans and quarts.
I've thought of mixing something in the gold that would make it brass, but I
don't know what to use.
Years ago (pre EPA)  I could get brass colored lacquer in small cans at the
hobby shop.

The gold has a slight green tinge to it.  I've used it for quite some time
for plates.  Been very happy with it.  The brand is Aervoe and it is number
311.
I just looked at their price list and see that they have an engine enamel
called Cadillac gold.  Haven't tried that yet, tho.  I think they have a min
order of 50 dollars.  They also have a release agent (Teflon spray) #934
that I've used for years.
Bill Spurlock found that when they were in San Leandro, Ca.  They are now in
Gardnerville, Nevada.

Regards

Carl Meyer