Threads, loose threads

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 20:45:25 EDT

Inre agraffes, Paul writes:
<<If you haven't recycled the old ones yet, take out the new ones and send
them
back after making some particular measurements. Restore the old ones. You'd
have to do the same with the new ones anyway.>>

     This piano is # 201901.  A 1920 model.  I replace the agraffes on these
pianos because of the failures I have seen after restringing.  I am not so
much worried about the condition of the holes as I am the structural
integrity of the brass.
    And to Jim,  these are definitely the 7/32" threads, they are just .210"
instead of something closer to .219" like the old ones.
    Anybody found a better supply of agraffes than the factory, or do they
all come from the same place?
Thanks,
Ed Foote RPT