Puzzler #172

Ken Jankura kenrpt@cvn.net
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 17:30:01 -0400

 List,
A couple weeks ago I needed to get an action out of a grand. The piano was
up on its side with a grand piano on either side of it (I could not move the
piano out from in between), maybe 3" clearance, just enough room to get my
hand and an inspection mirror between to ascertain that all the hammers were
resting against the strings. I could kind of poke a thin blade in and move a
hammer down to rest position only to watch it (via mirror) rise again to
come to rest against the strings. How did I get the action out, with no
broken hammer shanks?
Ken Jankura RPT
Newburg, PA