tools and lacquer

Lance Lafargue lancelafargue@bellsouth.net
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 12:21:10 -0500

Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Please don't harden any hammers or do any major work on
pianos other than your own without a qualified technician over your
shoulder.  IMHO The Reblitz book alone is not enough.

Lance Lafargue, RPT
Mandeville, LA
New Orleans Chapter, PTG
lancelafargue@bellsouth.net

  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
AAKStar@AOL.COM
  Sent: Friday, April 13, 2001 11:10 AM
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Subject: tools and lacquer

  Dear mailing list,

  I was wondering where is the best place I can get both tuning tools and
  regulating tools from, for a reasonable price. Please wish me luck. I am
an
  amateur and I am going by Arthur Reblitz's book "Piano Tuning, Servicing,
  etc."'

  By the way, is Mr. Reblitz's book reliable for amateurs? Is it factually
  accurate?

  Also, where can I get some good lacquer for hammer hardening?

  Andrew Koo