I got the Bureaucracy Blues

Z! Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 10:13:51 -0400

Yes indeed!  Sure it might be a little expensive to hire an accountant to do
your taxes, but IT IS WORTH IT!  (You can deduct the tax prep as a business
expense.)  Every year I send in a pile of numbers for my accountant to play
with, and every year he comes back with questions to comb out the fine
details.  Then he does the actual tax prep which I review before signing.

My cousin's mother-in-law is a tax lawyer.  She says that having an
accountant do your taxes greatly reduces the chances of your being audited,
because it means you are serious about being in business and also less
likely to try to cheat on taxes.

Certain people in my life pester me about doing my own taxes, saying that I
could save some money.  My usual response is to ask whether or not they
would ask an accountant to tune his/her own piano.

Z! Reinhardt RPT
Ann Arbor  MI

----- Original Message -----
From: <Douglasmahard@AOL.COM>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2001 8:48 PM
Subject: Re: I got the Bureaucracy Blues

Hi Rob,
Talk to your insurance agent and to your accountant. If you don't have an
accountant, I highly recommend establishing a relationship with one. These
are professional people that you should consider as part of your team. I
still do my own taxes but I pepper my accountant with lots of questions and
let him revue my return. I can see in the not to distant future I will be
letting him do the whole shabang.

Doug Mahard