I got the Bureaucracy Blues

Z! Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 20:35:44 -0400

Huh?  Perhaps I missed something here.  Why should you be paying the dealer
some sort of workman's comp?

Z! Reinhardt RPT
Ann Arbor  MI

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Goodale" <rrg@nevada.edu>
To: "PTG" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2001 5:56 PM
Subject: I got the Bureaucracy Blues

I got the "Bureaucracy Blues"... (hum us a few bars y'all).

The ultimate oxymoron...  "Hi, I from the government... I'm here to
help".   The dealer that we, (Alan Meyer and I), install PianoDisc
systems for just went through an audit.  Although we are NOT employees
but rather subcontractors, they say we should have been paying some sort
of workers comp this past year to the dealer.  Unless we can prove
otherwise they are going to stiff each of us with a $600.00 bill!  I
have never heard of such a thing.  How does this work?  Are there any
loop holes?  That is a huge amount of money that we are being asked to
pay every year to satisfy a useless bureaucracy.  Help!

I also need to find more right-offs for my taxes BAD.  I have really
gotten burned this year by the IRS.   We could buy four big screen TVs
each equipped with surround sound and a DVD player for what we are going
to have to pay this year.  QUESTION:  I recall in the past that there
was a half day seminar at the PTG in the past on how to find ways for
techs to reduce their taxes.  Does anyone know if they are running that
one again this year?  I think I need to be in it!

Rob Goodale, RPT
Lost Wages, NV