Cracks in pin block

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 12:24:47 EDT

In a message dated 4/11/2001 6:46:08 PM, Bill P wrote:

<<"Has anyone had success with a pin block which had small cracks on the top
and bottom layer.  I know that a lot of quick fix shops just ignore this.">>

Bill;
 There was a thread discussing "rotary cut" pinblock plies a few weeks ago.
Although the discussion did not go deeply into how to determine if a
particular block was of "rotary cut" stock....one sure sign of a "rotary cut"
material is many cracks perpindicular to the plies. Of course this might be
most noticable on the top and bottom plies (as you describe in yours)
but....... may also be seen by looking at the edges/sides of the pinblock.
 "Rotary cut" blocks are, in my opinion, great opportunities to exercise, or
learn, block replacement skills (was that delicate enough? :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)