lecture for high school students?

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 13:10:38

List,

I've agreed to talk with some high school piano classes a week from Monday.
They are beginning classes, most students take for a year to get their music
credit for graduation.  The teacher wants me to cover tuning, voicing and
career options. I figure I should be able do a thorough job in the 30-40
minutes of class time! :) :) :)

Anyway, I'd like to make this as NOT boring as possible, so I'm taking all
suggestions for demos, visual aides, handouts, etc.  The labs where I'll be
speaking are full electronic labs, but both have 'real' pianos there too.
Since I'm the one that services these pianos, I can pretty much do anything
I want.  So what do you think?

thanks in advance!

Ron Koval

Chicagoland