Torque wrench

BobDavis88@AOL.COM BobDavis88@AOL.COM
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 11:25:16 EDT

> >I've been looking for a small inch pound torque wrench for measuring pin
>  >tension.

I don't remember who first suggested this, but I've been using it for
decades:

For a cheap solution, you can use a spring-loaded scale meant to weigh fish.
Attach a loop to the hook, and loop it around your tuning lever at 10". Pull
slowly in the pitch-lowering direction, with the scale at a right angle to
the lever, until the static friction breaks; then read the pounds while the
pin is moving. Multiply by ten to get the reading in inch-pounds. It's
accurate enough to tell you what you need to know, and for demonstrations. A
0-25 pound scale will cover the 0-250 inch-pound range. If that doesn't do
it, you're in trouble anyway.

Bob Davis