MirrApiano Joker Piano

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 21:45:54 -0400

Got a good laugh today. Maybe our Canadian friends can help me out here.
Tuned, etc. a 1918 Starr upright today. Top cut down. Mirror added. Starr
name not on fallboard, but rather "MirrApiano". Inside on plate, "Starr" of
course, but also a little 1950s style sticker that said:

         MirrApiano
  Patent-Designate #1234
      Canadian Patent
  Further Patents Pending

So like, what the heck is this? A patented method of chopping down an old
upright? The conversion was done with a little less hacking than
most.......but still! And more patents pending? What is/was so unique about
chopping down a piano? Anyone know anything about such a joke? And to put
that name on the fallboard......talk about chopping.......how low can you
go? Yikes!

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida