Fairchild Method making FAC tuning

J Patrick Draine draine@mediaone.net
Sun, 8 Apr 2001 17:47:40 -0400

>  You mean you NEVER "tune" F3, A4 & C6? You stop the lights with the
>cents button ONLY?

Well, of course I tune the FAC notes -- but (usually) not until after
I calculate the FAC values and have the SAT II generate a tuning.
IF the pitch raise is significant I'll measure another set after the
1st tuning pass. The values may change, with the increased pressure
on the soundboard, and increased tension of the notes being
remeasured.

>Do you find this method as or more accurate then the standard method?

Alot more convenient. Your mileage may vary.

Patrick