Fw: Chickering brass flanges

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sun, 08 Apr 2001 11:52:11 -0500

Hi Wally.
               Most of theire parts are made from the denser European
Hornbeam.  It's a superior material in many ways, and machines much nicer.
That's why you have that nice silky feel on the German parts.  The increase in
mass how ever, has to be considered.
 Renner Flange cloth is graphited, and can be a seasonal problem in some
areas.
( Due to it's Hygroscopic nature)
 Yes, I have had to repin a few flanges on Tokiwa shanks. Not enough to be a
concern.  But no were near as bad as North American product.  I have never had
a set that required a lot of repinning, as you have stated
Travel issues seam about the same on all 3 suppliers.
Regards Roger